Airflow & Dampers
We do not ship our standard vent covers with dampers (Maximum airflow is important, so we only provide dampers on request for rooms where airflow control is required).
We have two damper options available:
To maintain a minimalist appearance, kül offers a visually clean, easily accessible residential slide damper as an accessory to our linear grilles to allow for air flow control where necessary. Available for our standard 10x3, 10x4 and 12x4 grille sizes, these dampers are stock items and are available for quick ship.
- Quality coated steel construction
- Powder coated black regardless of grille finish
- Ordered separately to be easily snapped onto the grille on-site - no screws or mounting hardware required
• Operator sits 1/8" above the core bars for easy accessibility
*Please note: Dampers will further restrict air flow so we do recommend ordering grilles with dampers only where absolutely necessary.
Download our slide damper technical specifications
Opposable Blade Damper
kül offers a quality coated steel construction opposed blade damper as a custom accessory to our linear grilles. The gang operated damper blades move simultaneously in opposite directions for smooth volume control from fully open to fully closed and can be manufactured for almost any standard size of kül grille.
- Grilles are custom manufactured together with the dampers, as the grilles are undersized ¼” to ensure a proper fit. Lead times & custom setup fees will apply
- If the grille is longer than 24”, the dampers will be installed in multiple pieces
- Dampers are raw steel regardless of grille finish
- They can be adjusted from the front with a very small flat head screwdriver but are best adjusted from behind the face of the grille
- Require at least 3” of clearance behind the grille